How to Apply For a Permit

If you are a property owner and wish to apply for a Permit under our Regulation, download a copy of the Permit Application , fill it out and submit it along with the appropriate Fee Schedule to the Conservation Authority.

If you are unsure whether a specific piece of property falls under the jurisdiction of Ontario Regulation 165/06, a Property Information Request may be submitted to the Conservation Authority. Such a request may be sent in by legal offices, real estate agents, financial institutions and landowners. Download the Request Form and submit it to the Authority with the appropriate fee and we will respond with the information by fax and/or letter.

Conservation Authority staff are available to assist you with the review of your plans and guide you through the permitting process. We work closely with the City of Timmins Building Department as well as various provincial ministries and agencies including the Porcupine Health Unit and the Ministry of Natural Resources to ensure the process goes quickly and smoothly. If required, we can arrange for a site visit to review your application. Call us or send us an e-mail if you need assistance.

Remember, it is up to you to check with other regulatory agencies to ensure you have all the necessary permitting in place before you start construction or infilling.